Taking advantage of OTE “State of the Art” GPON optical network and the equivalent optical infrastructure of the connected building, VPU FTTH is OTE brand new service which enables Telcos’ to offer fast and superfast broadband services to their own customers.
Currently, VPU FTTH service is offered with the following downstream / upstream bundles according to OTE roll out plan:
- Guaranteed Access Speed.
- Enhanced security and reliability of an “end to end” fiber optic network.
- Easy upgrade (to future upcoming ultrafast broadband services (Gbps) with no additional construction cost for the end-user’s home network).
- Network maintenance, without extra operational cost.
- Guaranteed Service Level Agreement with plain support processes, (SLA) (delivery and troubleshooting)
- Environmental friendly network / technology comprised mainly by passive equipment and other energy efficient components.
- Service financed by SuperFast Broadband initiative, to boost end user adoption of gigabit enabled networks.
- Provided in very high speed Internet Access - With advanced QoS characteristics, compared to copper network).
- IPTV & Interactive Services (e.g. gaming) - Using dedicated virtual circuit (vlan), enabling the prioritization of critical, real-time traffic.
- IP Telephony - VoIP services for residential and corporate users with advanced telephony features compared to legacy TDM telephony.
*The above mentioned indicative applications are offered by Telco network.
Telco should also obtain OKSYA/SYMEFS DSLAM service, for routing the respective traffic to its own network.
VPU / FTTH service detailed information can be found at OTE’s Wholesale Local Access Reference Offer-RUO (only in Greek).
For VPU FTTH Service pricelist, please press here
VPU FTTH FAQs
For start you have to be a licenced Telco.
Then you have to contact OTE Wholesale in order to register as an OTE Wholesale client.
Afterwards you have to sign Wholesale Local Access Reference Offer contract.
If you have followed all the steps described above, you can apply and monitor your VPU / FTTH orders & connections through WCRM-LLU system.
There is also an API interface provided for order management automation.
There is a VPU / FTTH availability tool in WCRM-LLU system.
You are able to find out if VPU / FTTH is available at the address of your customer premises by using this tool.
VPU / FTTH is provided at specific addresses announced to every Telco according to the VLU Product Specifications defined by local NRA.
Detailed list of the districts where VPU / FTTH is currently available is announced through WCRM-LLU system.
It depends on whether the building has already optical infrastructure or not.
There is an SLA for every phase of VPU / FTTH implementation that includes optical infrastructure construction.
You can find more details in Wholesale Local Access Reference Offer.
When you enter the appropriate customers details and before you place the order, WCRM LLU will indicate optical infrastructure connectivity up to the demarcation point.
You can use this information to estimate the time needed for VPU / FTTH implementation
Of course, you have to order an OKSYA or SYMEFS (DSLAM flavor only) supplementary service at the central Exchanges collecting traffic from one or more OLTs that provide VPU / FTTH services.
There is a time commitment for two (2) months period.
Afterwards you can terminate VPU / FTTH service for a customer whenever you want.
The appropriate technical solution is decided per case after a site survey conducted by OTE technical experts, taking into account the special features of the building in order to construct internal optical cabling to every floor (so as FTTH is available to all the rentants in the future).
There is also an API interface provided for fault management automation.