VPU Light service enables Telco’s to provide DSL subscribers with connections through OTE equipment (DSLAM OTE).
The service concerns broadband connections such as ADSL, VDSL, VECTORING & Super VECTORING technology & is provided where OTE's active equipment (DSLAM) is installed in an outdoor cabin(KV)*.
There are two flavors available, VPU Light BRAS and VPU Light DSLAM connection, depending on whether it is combined with OKSYA BRAS or OKSYA DSLAM supplementary service for routing traffic to and from Telco network.
The service is available at the following speeds:
* as they are gradually expanding within the corresponding NGA Roll-out of OTE's network.
- Speeds up to 200 Mbps, as well as a choice of QoSEnhanced service characteristics (due to the proximity of the outdoor cabin(KV) to the final subscriber).
- Network Maintenance by highly experienced OTE Technicians.
- Augmented Security & Reliability (between data transmission backbone and fiber optic network).
- Guaranteed Service Level Agreement (SLA), (delivery, activation, troubleshooting).
- Provided in very high speed Internet Access - With advanced QoS characteristics, compared to traditional xDSL services).
- IPTV & Interactive Services (e.g. gaming) - Using dedicated virtual circuit (vlan), enabling the prioritization of subscription traffic.
- IP Telephony - VoIP Services for residential user with the ability to prioritize subscription traffic.
**The above mentioned indicative applications are offered by Telco network.
Telco should also obtain OKSYA/SYMEFS DSLAM service, for routing the respective traffic to its own network
VPU Light BRAS & DSLAM services detailed information can be found at OTE’s Wholesale Local Access Reference Offer.
For VPU Light Service pricelist, please press here
VPU Light FAQs
For start you have to be a licenced Telco.
Then you have to contact OTE Wholesale in order to register as an OTE Wholesale client. Afterwards you have to sign Wholesale Local & Central Access Reference Offer contracts.
If you have followed all the steps described above, you can apply and monitor your VPU light orders & connections through WCRM-LLU system.
There is also an API interface provided for order management automation.
You have to sign Wholesale Local & Central Access Reference Offer contracts.
Moreover you have to order an O.K.SY.A. or SY.ME.F.S. supplementary service at the central Exchanges collecting DSL traffic from one or more DSLAMs that provide VPU light services.
VPU light service availability is announced through WCRM-DSL system.
You can request VPU light service termination for a customer, whenever you want.
Current VPU light one-off and recurring fees are always announced at www.otewholesale.gr.
These fees are defined by local NRA on an annual basis.
VPU light recurring fee applies from the day after delivery of the service regardless of the DSL modem installation at customer premises.
When you face a problem with your customer services, you can use WCRM-LLU system not only to announce a fault, but also to monitor fault management as well.
There is also an API interface provided for fault management automation.